ccfcf

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Banana Muffins

I thought I post one of my favorite recipes of all time and I am speaking for my entire family. We passionately wait for my mom's arrival so she can make banana muffins for the family not only for my hubby, myself, and my girls. But for my cousins, aunts, and uncles as well. We all have been trying to master these babies for years and I'm here to tell you I DID IT!!!! I'm so proud of myself haha. I mean I am my mommys daughter , thats a no brainer!!!
 
I know your laughing but hey I get a lot of my great qualities from my mama.
 


Recipe:
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable shortening
2 eggs beaten well
1-3/4 c. flour
1 c. milk (I like to use whole milk)
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. mashed banana ( I usually use 3 but 2 is okay as well)
 
The key to this recipe is making sour milk using the milk and vinegar. Before you mix everything together in a mixer. On the side in 1 cup of milk drop in 2 tablespoons of vinegar and let it sit. You will see it get a little lumpy. That is what you want! Start by mixing sugar, shortening, beaten eggs. Mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Alternate flour mixture and milk in the mixer and lastly mix in the 1 cup of mashed bananas. I just mash them on a plate with a fork and throw them in the mixture. And there you Go!
 
Place cupcake liners in the pan and fill each one 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Sometimes this can vary depending on your oven. Also when your checking the muffins with a toothpick you never want toothpick to come out clean you want crumbles on it. That is a major key when cooking any muffin, cupcakes or cakes. When it comes out clean it means the muffin was cooked to long. They cook a little more when siting out of oven as well.  So look for crumbles on the toothpick!
 
And there you go delicious banana muffins that will never leave you disappointed. I feel like I'm a food blogger.  
 
Enjoy!!!!


1 comment :

  1. Not gonna lie...sour milk just sounds freakin' weird. But, I'm going to have to try these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...