ccfcf

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cake Time, Let's Celebrate

This summer is flying by and yet I feel I really haven't accomplished nothing but maybe having a baby. No for real I haven't done nothing that I wanted to. Bummer!!!
 
But we did do something...well maybe something little
 
celebrated Tony's birthday with a fabulous cake that was made by Sidnee and myself
 
 
You all know I love to bake sweets becasue I'm so very sweet...hahaha I'm retared or just slightly sleepy. I turly love to bake especially when it consists of something chocolate.
 

For Tony's birthday we baked him a Chocolate Butterfinger Cake
YUMMY!!!

I knew I wanted to bake a chocolate cake for him, but thought I would add a crushed candy bar of something to go with it. Headed to the store butterfingers were on sale. So that was it!

Here's the recipe cause your going to love it.
 
A chocolate moist cake, homemade chocolate buttercream and smashed up butterfingers who could wrong. I couldn't stop eating it, it was just that good.
 
 
 
Chocolate Butterfinger Cake
 
Cake:
A box of Betty Crocker chocolate devils food cake
3 eggs
1 1/4 whole milk
1/2 vegetable oil
1/2 sour cream
1 box of choclate pudding
 
I used a cake box mix and basically all I did was follow ingredients on box but substituted water for whole milk, added a box of chocolate pudding powder mix and a half cup of sour cream, this will make for a very mosit cake. I pretty much put both those ingredients in all my cakes. You will never go wrong! Moist, Moist, and more Moist.
 
Put all in ingredients in an electric mix and mix away. Pour batter in two 8 inch pans and bake according to directions on the box and depending on your oven. Make sure when checking with toothpick that crumbs are still left on it. If it comes out clean its been baked to long!
 
Chocolate Buttercream
 
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 box of powder sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3/4 cup of cocoa powder
2-4 tablespoons of milk
 
cream the butter and vanilla in a mixer, than alternate milk and powder sugar. Lastly, add in the cocoa powder and mix for a about a minute until its all creamed together and smooth.. If you feels its to thick for your tasting add more milk. I added a little more milk for this one because I knew I need to frost the cake and it would be easier for me
 
Your will need 1 BUTTERFINGER or maybe 2 (crushed)
 
Once cake is baked and cooled, take out first cake place on  plate. Cover cake with a layered of buttercream and some curshed up butterfingers. Place other cake on top. And frost away, covering the entire cake. Add crushed butterfigner on top and YAY your all done.
 
Doesn't it look delicious? It's even better in person
 
I PROMISE!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...