ccfcf

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I wanted to share with you my favorite chicken salad recipe with you. My cousin made these awesome tea sandwiches for my baby shower and I feel in love.
 
I love a good old hearty sandwich.
 
It sometimes can be difficult to cook for my family because my hubby is man of steak and beans (go figure haha), my girls are beyond picky, and well Max he's just a boob man!
 
So whats a girl to do when she just wants a plan old chicken salad sandwich, eat it all herself.
 
Well not exactly, I make them all try it and get to see there reaction and if its a NO go, well than that means more left overs for me.
 
Why do they have to be so difficult? Just Eat it Family! I been working on the hubby for 5 years...
 
there truly is more to life than steak, beans, rice, tortillas, and chili...
 
I mean don't get me wrong the way to go is Mexican food...its so delicious but really if I did eat it everyday I would probably not be quite the size I want to be, and for that I mean being a fatty aka fat ass..sorry guys but lets be real.
 
So go...
 
enjoy you some so so fairly healthy sandwiches
 
 
Chicken Salad Recipe
 
1-1 1/2 pounds of chicken
2 Celery Stalks, chopped
1/3 cup Onion or 2 Green Onion
1 1/2 to 2 cups of grapes halves
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 sour cream
juice of a lemon
salt to taste
pepper to taste
white sandwich bread (crust cut off if you like)

In a bowl mix sour cream and mayo. I sometimes mix a little half and half to make mixutre a little lighter. Boil chicken for 30 minutes. Drain water and let chicken cool before you cut up in pieces. Cut onion, celery, and grapes. Mix the grapes, onion, celery with mayo mixture. Lastly, add in the cooled chickien pieces and mix. Salt and pepper to taste!

And there you go an awesome, simple, and delicious chicken salad.

Have fun making it give it your love and add whatever you want.

I sometimes add slivered almonds and sometimes I'm in the mood for more onion, celery, and mayo. It's just whatever I'm feeling or may be in my pantry that day.

Get to cookin ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...