ccfcf

Monday, August 26, 2013

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

Summer is slowly coming to end!
 
And what that means...
 
fewer lazy days with my Sidnee girl and baking cookies!! 
 
If you know me well I'm obsessed with cookies, well pretty much anything chocolate. Since I remember, my mom has been baking chocolate chip cookies. I'm obsessed with her cookies. Nobody's cookies compares to my mommy's! These cookies come out perfect everytime and they are beyond delicious. My husband who hates "sweets" (is that possible) love these! Over the summer Sidnee and I have been making them pretty much every week. It gives us girlie time and well time to fight over the beater with the delicious cookie dough hanging off it. I mean really who doesn't love some good old cookie dough. This one beats them all. As you see in the pictures that is all the cookies we got to bakin" the other day. Well lets just say there was suppose to be more however, Sidnee and I went at it with the cookie dough. It was just one of those days!
 

Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
2/3 Cup Shortening
1 Egg
1TSP. of Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups of Flour
1/2 TSP. Baking Powder
1/2 TSP. Salt
1/2 Bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
 
Cream the shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla together. In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Slowly add in the flour mixture. Toss in the half the bag of semi-sweets and mixture with a spatula.
 
Bake at 375 degree for 8-10 minutes. I usually bake them at 8 minutes because I like my soft and moist. If you like your cookies more well done then do it for longer.
 
The key to delicious chocolate chip cookies is shortening. I'm not a butter girl in cookies it just doesn't do it for me. Sorry you butter lovers! But trust me once you try these cookies you will never use butter in your cookies. I PROMISE this mama doesn't lie....just keepin it real people!
 
Have fun baking!!!
 
 


1 comment :

  1. Good grief I wish I hated sweets. How lucky haha. Those look delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...