ccfcf

Sunday, September 15, 2013

26 Activities to Help our Children Learn

Last week I was off solo to 'back to school night" for my Sidnee girl. We decided last minute that I would go alone cause my hubby was tired and the whole thing of dropping my kids off at my cousins house was just to much work, for my husband to say the least.
 
It actually counldn't work out any better. This mommy could make a quick little shopping trip out of it too. Get my girls there Halloween costumes and little shopping for me equals happy mommy. I know Halloween costumes already, but Marshalls is a hit and miss store. And I wanted to make sure I grab a couple before they are all gone. And I was in luck, a costome for Ava as well as an adorable cupcake costume for Ava to wear on her 2nd birthday party, cupcake theme.

Now only Sidnee, Max, my hubby, and I are in need of one.

What to be? What to be?

I couldn't be more impressed with Sidnee's teacher this year that I could scream with joy! We are beyond blessed to have a teacher willing and wanting to get these children to learn. When she got up to talk to the parents on "back to school night" I new right off the bat this year is going to be a year for Sidnee to shine and soak up all that learning Mrs. Gish has to offer.

From the first day of school,  I was already impressed on what they been learning. When I picked up Sidnee she couldn't stop talking about the gingerbread man. Who he was, how they made them, where they found him at, and the story with it.

It was adorable, and so fun to hear .

 As a parent, that is what you want to hear, things they learned and how they don't want to leave school. My daughter asks everyday if she is going to school today. That is when I know we found an awesome school along with a wonderful teacher.

That night,
Mrs. Gish handed out a packet full of goodies for us parents to look over. Including fundraisers, there daily class schedule, her email to contact her, the snack calendar, and a calander of events for the entire year. And many more things to add to the pile. However, one handout that caught my eye and I wanted to share with you, was a paper that included how parents can help their children at home.  There are many things that us parents at home can help our children, that we may not realize or do not know.

 The handout listed 26 activities to benefit our children. I hope you enjoy these activites as much as I did. I placed this handout on my refrigerator to encourage myself to do the activties with my children. These can benefit ages of all children.

Enjoy!!


How parents can help:

1.Set aside a special reading time. Tell your child you look forward reading a book together. Children who are read to-read.
2. Listen to your child. Oral language experience is also a foundation for literacy.
3. Talk to your child.
4. Make time to play with your child.
5. Solve problems with your child, instead of for him or her.
6. Have your child count everything and anything.
7. Write stories out as your child dictates them. Children love to see their ideas in print.
8. Praise your child whenever possible.
9. Talk with your child about school (Ask a question about something on the lesson plan)
10. Encourage exercise and good nutrition.
11. Encourage your child to write, draw, and color.
12. Broaden your child's horizons by taking him or her to parks, museums, libraries, zoos, and even grocery shopping. All of these places offer fun learning experiences.
13. Help your child develop a hobby and discuss topics that interest them.
14. Write Notes to your child. Leave them under a pillow, in a lunch pail, or in a favorite book.
15. Help your child keep a scrapbook.
16. Limit time watching television.
17. Talk about your child's schoolwork that comes home.
18. Provide art materials.
19. Help your child create mail. They love sending and receiving mail.
20. Make a chore chart so that your child has responsibilties at home.
21. Let your child help make a menu and help in the kitchen.
22. Measure things with a ruler, yardstick and tape measure.
23. When your child reads a sign or cereal box from the logo, encourage them they are reading.
24. Enjoy them! They grow quickly.
25. Teach them of Jesus' love.
26. Be involved as a family in a church that teaches the Bible.


Aren't these activites great? Some that are just so simple that we often forget. I hope to do more of them with my children.

Hope you enjoy these activities!

And encourage them as much as you can.

They love to learn!!!!










  

1 comment :

  1. I've had Madison's Halloween costume for weeks haha :) Love that list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...