ccfcf

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Soup Sunday

Tis' the season for football let me just say.
 
We are big Cowboy football fans so every sunday we support
the hubby and the family puts on there Cowboys attire hoping
they will get a win.
It works sometimes! According to my hubby its good luck!
So we do it for him. 
 
Last Sunday, I decided on doing my sunday soup 
along with making a quick trip to the spa with my
family to get a facial and much needed
relaxation. This mama is beyond tired!
 
The choice of soup for sunday was homemade chili tortellini.
It was delicious! Fully of flavor.
 
And it was so yummy, yummy to the tummy.



After I got home these girls where tired of watching football with daddy
while mommy was at the spa. So off we went on a bike ride and walk
to enjoy our beautiful weather we been having.
I just love cali its beautiful all the time.



 
 
 
  
If you wanting to know the recipe for this chil the recipe is below.
This chili is not a spicy chili I made it a little more sweet by adding
brown sugar to the soup.
This is not my famous spicy chili I make for my family I wanted to make
something different. And something my girls
could eat as well.
My husband loves spicy chili the hotter the better
Not me I like it to be a bit sweeter rather than spicy.
And plus I don't feel like going to the bathroom every 5 minutes being its too
spicy haha...I know to much info.
But seriosuly its the mexican in my hubby the hotter the better.
 


Chili Tortellini:
 
 
1 lb Package of Tortellini
2 cans  Orginial Rotel diced tomatoes
1 lb  hanburger meat
1 can  pinto beans
1 can  black beans
1 can  tomato sauce
mild cheddar cheese
clinatro
McCormick Chili Season Mix Packet
2-4 tablespoons  brown supar
1 cup onion
2 tbsp garlic
32 oz. chicken broth

Saute onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add in ground beef until browned
Add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, chili powder packet and simmer until hot.
Add in brown sugar to your liking. Lastly, add tortellini and simmer with lid on until tortellini
is cooked. You can cook tortellini in another pot according to directions. However, why dirty
another pot when you can cook them in with the soup.
Faster and less mess to deal with it.
Simmer or on low until ready to serve.

Your going to love this soup.
When I serve this soup I put a mild cheddar cheese and cliantro on top.
Delicious!!!

I was so happy with this soup. The tortellini adds such a great touch.
Yummy!

Hope you enjoy your weekend...

I'm off to soccer games and pizza parties yay for me..

Is it nap time arleady!
 
 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...